Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend Recap

After a so-so busy week at work in the operating room and while I am still thinking about changing jobs within the hospital, Tim got the go-ahead (he passed the criminal background and pee-in-the cup tests) to resign his current job and begin a position with a new company on March 13. When I woke up Friday (I worked Thursday night), he was at the Katy Mills Mall looking at the men's business casual clothes. So, I had him come home & get me so I could shop with him :) We went to Memorial City mall, it took us 45 minutes on I-10 to get there !@#%$ (How can that be a link?) We went to Foley's and they had some awesome sales. But my husband had stated he was "only looking, not buying or even trying on", and by George he didn't. Much as I tried to encourage him! Then we walked the mall which was fun because they have totally redone it and it is REALLY nice. Lauren, the food court bathroom area has special "nursing rooms" which of course, I peeked in, so I could tell you about them. They have a rocking chair, a built in changing area and a sink, very nice. I knew you would be impressed and it would give you another reason to miss Houston :) By then Tim was starving, so we went to Guadaljuara's, our favorite mexican restaurant on this side of town. I tried the special which was Mahi Mahi with crab meat and it was DEVINE!!! I have never tried fish at the mexican restaurant before. We topped it off with a mexican "volcano" which is a huge scoop of cinnamon ice cream on a desert tortilla thing with whip cream and brownie slices and drizzled chocolate. DECADENT. -------------------------------------Kendall was at Soul Link at Bammel Rd. CoC all weekend- they had special guest speakers and music groups and it is one of his "must go to" events of the year. BTW: he is doing well after his surgery, he has a check-up with the oral surgeon today. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Saturday night we had 5 other couples over for a dubs party. We had more yummy food, Greg brought his famous blackberry cobbler with Blue Bell ice cream and we had great fun playing cards. I don't know how people can count cards, that is just beyond my memory's capabilities. I had bought leftover Valentine party favors for gifts for the couples. Each couple opened one gift. The gifties included a cupcake candle, a pkg of red & white stationary, a bag of cinnamon candies, a Valentine cup, a pair of Love dice, and a set of red plastic handcuffs. It was a hoot, the girls of each couple traded first and then the guys traded (in reverse score order, the couple with the highest score each got the last trade). -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------We had a good lesson Sunday from Phil, and Pat was back as our worship leader. He had all of the kids come to the front before "Sonshine Celebration" and sit with him and sing a song, it was sooo sweet! There was one little boy who went up on the stage and danced through the whole song, I thought it quite Funny :) (his mom might not have). That's all I have to ramble about for now......

2 comments:

Lauren said...

How cool about the nursing rooms. All malls need those badly! So do ballparks, etc. It sounds like you had a good time shopping even though he wouldn't let you buy anything :)

I'm glad Dad got the go-ahead for the job. Hopefully he'll really enjoy it. You didn't answer my GED question in your post...any news?

Talk to you soon,

Lauren said...

Oh, I forgot...I had to go out and buy some of that Taste of San Antonio coffee you and Elizabeth were talking about on Josh's blog (You can buy in ground in a vacuum sealed bag). Y'all made it sound too good! I haven't tried it yet, but will soon :)