Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Nana x 2

OK, alright, I was going to wait until I at least had one more comment before I posted again, but oh well, who cares. I'll post anyway, even if noone is reading it. It gives me something to do when work is slow. So, here goes the new post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------How exciting- I got to spend time with my grandson Will and my precious daughter two weekends in a row!! Feb. 10-14 I was with Lauren & Scott in Big Spring. I'll save you the details of my 4 hours delayed flight, but I met some really nice people while waiting in the Houston airport. It's amazing the sense of community you can form with others while waiting. I arrived at Lauren's around 1 AM Saturday morning. Then, we drove to Lubbock for follies on Saturday and had a great time on campus. It was great being on the LCU campus again, they have made some really nice improvements i.e, the mall, the Moody auditorium and the coffee bar next to the library. Follies was a great show, the hosts and hostesses were really good this year. We went to the afternoon show, Will was very amused with the colors and the costumes. He enjoyed Kappas show the best, I know because he talked (made his consonant sounds) during it. We found out later from blogland that Kappa had won first in the girls division. Wahoo!! We had lunch with a bunch of Scott & Lauren's Kyodai/LOA friends. Then this weekend (Feb 17-19) Lauren & Will flew to Houston as my sweet brother Roy gave us a free airline ticket. Tim & Kendall really enjoyed getting to see Will; he changes so much so quickly. Kendall had his (4) wisdom teeth out on Friday so he kind of layed low all weekend, stayed wrapped up with ice packs and doped up on pain medicine as much as possible. He is doing much better and went back to preschool today (he is a teacher/helper for the older 4's at our church preschool). We mailed his application to TSTC in Waco this week and he takes the GED this Thursday and Friday, so say a prayer for him :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the weekend here in Lubbock! It was good to meet you while you were here. Take care!

Lauren said...

yea, you posted again :)

not much to share on my end but i'm glad you had a good time with us :)

Elizabeth C. said...

Terri: Yes, my husband and I were members at Westside in the pre-Cinco Ranch days, '96-98. (It's my brother-in-law and his wife that were involved at Impact.) We've been to visit a couple of times since ya'll moved into the beautiful facility you have now. We moved to Arizona last July and Josh & Neena have been such a blessing to my two daughters! They are a great couple and they have made our move a lot easier.

It's a small world isn't it? Thanks for commenting on my blog. I read Mike Cope's blog too. I love his thought provoking comments and reading all the discussions. It's kinda become my morning routine too after getting my girls off to school (and while I'm drinking my HEB "Taste of San Antonio" coffee!). Hope we'll chat again in this blogging community!

Neena said...

I was really sorry that I wasn't at Masterfollies. That is one of my favorite things about college. I'm glad we both have blogs and have connections. It is a small world like Elizabeth said.

Katherine said...

It was wonderful to see you again at Master Follies!! It has been a long time. It is great that you have been able to spend time with Lauren & Will lately-he is just adorable!!

It's amazing how this blog world brings us together-I found out the other day that my intern from 6th grade has been reading my blog for awhile...wierd!!

Hope all is well-God bless! :)

Lauren said...

Mom,

Any word on the GED??

Talk to you soon,

L :)