Tuesday, April 01, 2008

treasuring the moments :)

Tim and Terri 31 years together :)

Kendall and Stephie





Several thoughts on my mind lately. First of all, I lost a friend and ex-coworker/boss last week. Matt (46) died of an apparent heart attack at his home on Monday. He was an energetic and compassionate nurse, was full of life and fun, loved to laugh and was a good friend to his friends. We entertained thoughts of him at work last week, remembering special moments that he made fun and memorable. He was estranged from the family he was born into because of lifestyle choices he made; his friends became his family. At his viewing Thursday and his service Friday we shared about Matt. I think his family who came learned a lot about the person he was, and what endeared him to so many. He will be greatly missed. It is amazing how the people who should be the closest to you, can not even know who you are. His family definitely missed out :(


So, 1) make a will..... 2) live like there's no tomorrow, 3) be the best _____ you can be today..... That's what I'm striving for, to be the best nurse, best wife, best mother (and MIL), best nana, best friend, best Christian, best daughter, best daughter-in-law, and sister that I can be. I know that I don't give my all sometimes and live like I have all the time in the world. I'm going to treasure the moments more than I have and make sure that my focus is on heavenly treasures.

Next thought, Tim and my anniversary is tomorrow~~~~~~ 31 years together! I love that word and I'm so proud that we are still together. It hasn't always been easy, but we have taken the time and made the commitment to love one another til death do us part. No special plans, other than a mani and pedi appointment for us together tomorrow (his request :) !! ) He did buy me flowers for no reason a couple of weeks ago. I'm proud of the heritage of lengthy and loving marriages and basic stick-to-it-iv-ness that we were taught- that, and the similar family values and our faith in God have really been a strong base in our relationship.


Lastly, above is a picture of my son, Kendall, and his girlfriend Stephanie. Stephanie is an accomplished equestrian and has her degree in equine science. They are having great fun together working with horses and playing on her farm in their spare time. They will be here in Katy in April, the same weekend Lauren's bunch will be here, so Stephanie and Lauren can finally meet.

Finally, I love my red blackberry curve, so cool!!! basically a phone with internet!.... EXCEPT that it randomly dials people occasionally. I have accidentally dialed my mom several times (God is telling me to call her, I suppose) and tried to call Sam in Thailand and Paul in Chad, Africa.... I guess my next phone bill will tell me if I got them :<>



later....







3 comments:

Thailand Tracey said...

I've have been thinking of you soooo...much. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary. What a joy it's been to share many of those years with you and Tim. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. I know you were a blessing in his life as you are in mine.
Hope we can Skype soon. I plan on blogging tomorrow so be on the look out. Love you bunches!
Tracey

Daphne said...

So sorry about your friend. We are in Georgia now and Rick was saying this morning that his dad and brother both have these old and/or incorrect views of me. I think my mother thinks she has me pegged BUT sometimes our families just don't grow with us. They don't know about the other aspects of our lives that have such import to us and shape us in other ways. It's the same with friends to an extent because we only know as much about each other as we desire and/or allow.

I'm by myself in the hotel a lot so too much time to think and ramble!!

CONGRATS on y'alls anniversary! So glad Kendall is happy! I know you are looking forward to having all your chicks back in the nest for a bit!

Love you and I'll get in touch when I get back so we can get together.

Daphne

Katherine said...

I am sorry about your friend and am with you on trying to live in the moment and living life for all its worth!! Also, Happy (belated) anniversary!! :)

Thank you so incredibly much for your sweet comments on my blog-I greatly appreciate your encouragement!! :) It really means a lot-thanks for reading my ramblings! It has been quite a journey, and I am not sure where God is going to take me next-I just have to continue to place my trust and hope firmly in Him.

Blessings, friend! :)