Thursday, April 24, 2008

sleeping with a petri dish............




I am home sick today after feeling crummy most of the week. Yesterday, after telling one of my Dr. friends that I slept with Will (my grandson) the two nights he was here, said "don't you know that kids are little petri dishes!" (even so, snuggling with my grandson was totally worth the inconvenience of a cold...) Hence, the title of the post....................

It was a joy to have Lauren, Will, and Claire here for the weekend. It was a duel purpose quick trip as she needed to pick up our Expedition for our trip to the beach in May and was also here for a drill team reunion. We had a fast and furious weekend. We got to visit with my mom & dad, have dinner with close friends and neighbors, ger Lauren a mani/pedi at Nails by Lee, attend church together, meet our sunday school class, take a few pictures at the church garden, go to the reunion, and spent as much time in the pool/jacuzzi as time allowed. Will LOVES the pool and took to the water like a little fish. Pictures of both the kids in their new Gymboree duds are above, I tried to get them below the post, but blogger and I are disagreeing today & I give up!


Kendall and Stephanie were here for the weekend too. There was a horse reigning show at the Equestrian center that they were interested in and attended on Saturday, after they had an anniversary lunch at PF Chang's. Kendall spent a lot of time in the pool with Will, making a wave pool for his pleasure. Although, Kendall and Stephie's time with us was limited, Steph did finally get to meet Kendall's sister. Kendall, Steph & I went shopping for swim suits, etc... at Katymills after Tim, Lauren & the kids left. (Tim drove Lauren & kids home and flew home to Houston on Monday).

2 comments:

Thailand Tracey said...

I sure hope that you're feeling better...very glad that you're up to writing as I was eager to hear about the weekend with Lauren and the kids. Great to know that Kendall and Steph got to join you all too. The pictures you posted are so sweet. I know you enjoyed a special time with the most special of people!

Daphne said...

I can't believe your pool was warm enough in April for playing! Ours is still a bit cool but the next time the temp goes over 90, I'm trying it!

Time for a Mother's Day weekend blog. How was your trip to SA?

Sarah and I will probably be coming to Katy soon to see Vanessa. Remind me what time you usually get home and I'll try to work the timing so we can come by.

Love you!
D