Thursday, September 13, 2007

Off the blogroll & Up to the Plate

Ok, so I haven't posted in so long that my own daughter deleted me from her blogroll, ouch, that hurts.

Really, I have never felt like I had enough to say, or was interesting enough to warrant anyone reading my blog. My friends, Daphne and Tracey, have started blogging and I have found a familiar sort of comfort in reading their words and knowing what's on their hearts. So, I will step up to the plate and rejoin blogworld.

Our news of late:

Tims' moms brain surgery (7/2) came off beautifully, praise be to God. Her tumor was bigger than the Dr's fist in size and was pressing on her brain stem. After rehab and a short stint at assisted living, she is now at home recovering and we are still faithful that the feeling in her face and her vision will recover fully. The doctors have been literally amazed at her recovery and her strength and determination in all of this.

We have a most precious new grandaughter, Claire Elise, born July 8. I was honored to be there for her birth and it is a most amazing experience to be a part of. Lauren and Scott are blessed with a very sweet family, what a great time in their lives. I know that most, if not all who would read this, read Lauren's blog and can see the pictures of our new, sweet darling. We have not lost our fascination with Will by any means, he is so precocious. He has a HUGE vocabulary. He is incredibly smart with a great personality,,,, so fun!

Tim, Kendall and I spent Labor Day in Big Spring with Lauren's bunch and thoroughly enjoyed our time with them. I NEED to see my grandkids at least every 4-6 weeks. I am already planning my next trip up there :)

I am still working at SLEH and splitting full time between the OR and Day Surgery. I love what I do and I have learned to like working days rather than nights. It lets me spend time with Tim when he's at home and has given us more freedom to travel on the weekends together.

Tim and I had a WONDERFUL trip to one of my personal favorite destinations in March- we spent six days in Washington D.C. right at the beginning of Cherry Blossom time. We went to the Supreme Court and heard an oral argument, had coffee with Senator Cornyn, had a personal capitol tour by one of his interns, saw a musical at Ford's theater and spent alot of time at the Smithsonians, the Holocaust museum, a moonlight DC tour, went to church at Washington National Cathedral, mastered the subways, spent an afternoon at Arlington National cemetery with all its' beautiful simplicity and complex pageantry, and too much more to tell you about here. Suffice to say, it was a fabulous trip!!

We had a water leak at the house in early May, and had to live through bare floors and dealing with contractors until the house was finished July 19. We have mostly hardwood floors now, with new carpet in the bedrooms. It looks and feels great to have our house back even better than it was. If I can remember how to add pictures, I will sometime soon.

We have been thinking a lot about retirement lately, as to the "where to", "how to" and "when to". We just bought a 1.69 acre lot in a great planned community in the Hill Country close to Canyon Lake. We always wanted to retire to the Hill Country, so this is a beginning of realizing that dream. I have spent way too much time looking at homes on eplans online for design/floorplan ideas. It will probably be another 9 years before we are ready to build.

OK, enough randomness, it has been good to talk to you all. TTYL

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Okay, sorry I deleted you...but seriously...you hadn't posted since November! So, I figured if I deleted you, you would start posting again and it worked! Ha!!

Love you!