Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Movie Trivia

OK, so I stole this from my own daughter, Lauren. Her friends and I have had such fun guessing her quotes I thought it would be fun on my blog site, too.

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb.com and find quotes for those movies. Post them.
3. Have friends try to guess which movies the quotes come from.
4. When someone gets it right, bold the quote and put the title of the movie.

*Have fun!



Movie #1


Person #1 : What do you want to be married to me for, anyhow?


Person #2 : So I can kiss you anytime I want.


Movie #2


Creme brulee can never be Jell-O. YOU could never be Jell-O.


Movie #3


Person #1: "They're Italian."



Person #2: "Now they're practical."

Lauren guessed this right off, one of my all-time favorites "Romancing the Stone"


Movie#4



"Besides, that whole see-through blouse, colored-bra thing... reads a little, you know, desperate, older gal, trying to hard. Don't you think? Yeah, you want to make him work for it."




Movie#5



"Yes, you do have an attitude. If you didn't have an attitude, you would not have raised your voice at me now would you?"

Movie#6



"You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell."

Lauren, once again, got this one right away, she has endured "Toy Story " no less than a gazillion times.

Movie#7



"Mom, I'm truly not comfortable having this conversation with you. I've been telling you that since I was eleven. "

Movie#8



"Yeah. French writer. Total loser. Never had a real job. Unrequited love affairs. Gay. Spent 20 years writing a book almost no one reads. But he's also probably the greatest writer since Shakespeare. Anyway, he uh... he gets down to the end of his life, and he looks back and decides that all those years he suffered, Those were the best years of his life, 'cause they made him who he was. All those years he was happy? You know, total waste. Didn't learn a thing. So, if you sleep until you're 18... Ah, think of the suffering you're gonna miss. I mean high school? High school-those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that."



Movie#9



"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man."


I didn't think it possible to slip this one by Lauren, as "A Christmas Story" is one of our family favorites, a must see at Christmas!

Movie#10

"Oh, don't be silly - EVERYONE wants this. Everyone wants to be *us*."

Movie #11

"If I were writing this, this is where I would write "an awkward moment". "


2 comments:

Lauren said...

Okay, I almost feel bad doing this b/c no one else has responded yet, but I'll go ahead.

#1 - Gone with the Wind

#2 - The Holiday

#3 - Romancing the Stone

#6 - Toy Story

#9 - A Christmas Story

Several of the others, I know I know in the recesses of my mind but I can't come up with it right now. I'm excited to see what they are!

Terri said...

Don't worry, only about 4 people read my blog anymore,and Tracey and Daphne have told me they don't have good movie recall, so go for it!

With that said- you are right on
quotes 3, 6, and 9 :)

I know all about your comment re: recesses of the mind thing, I could practically quote your Best of Show quote, but couldn't recall from what movie.

I have since cheated to obtain the answers to the rest of yours, since I knew I would never remember from which movie I heard them (and 1 movie I never saw, bet you can guess which one that was!

This has been quite fun!

<3 mom