Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Mini she and me!

So, I got to spend Hurricane Ike pre and post with the grandkids. I had great fun, got to "work" in a flower shop one evening (after the kids were in bed) putting letters on mum ribbons and making the "Homecoming King" sash for a local high school. I went up to be with Lauren at Inspirations while she was finishing up a late nights work (we got home at 11:30 pm)

Here is Will with the garter Lauren made him...........



During the days it was my good fortune and JOY to be able to keep the kids, get the kids ready for bed, etc.... while Scott and Lauren went about their busy daily activities.

Will had fun riding the colorful Thomas bike I brought him from Katy (I had bought it this summer and he rode it a little bit in July). Claire LOVED the streamers, her favorite part of the bike, for sure!

Claire-playing with the streamers-




After the homecoming rush and football game, Lauren and I took the kids to Midland (shopping with us!) on Saturday (Scott was left home alone to study). The promise was to get a Frosty at Wendy's if Will was cooperative during the trip, through several stores. Thankfully, Gymboree in Midland had a kids area to help him pass the time, I bought Claire a plastic bracelet there to keep her occupied. Finally, our trip to Wendy's culminated our day,,,, we waited in line for about 10 minutes before we ordered, only to find out they were out of chocolate so we had to get vanilla frosty's. (I am a choco freak, but the vanilla WAS quite good- tastes like the old Dairy Queen ice cream).

Then on to Target, for a quick (?) errand by Lauren, while I stayed with the kids in the car. Mini me point #1 -Claire more than held her own with the ice cream, she ate at least half of my Wendy's (vanilla) frosty (16-20oz). Then she saw her momma's frosty and wanted IT!!! She had one tiny bite after another, without stopping, until she had eaten about 1/3 of Lauren's frosty by herself and Lauren came back to the van. Crazy,,,, and I thought I loved ice cream.. she is definitely MY granddaughter.

mini me point #2---- I had brought a box of goodies for the kids with me to Big Spring, one of the things for Claire was a pair of navy shoes from gymboree. The strap is green and has a yellow sunflower that velcros to the shoe to strap it on. Claire LOVED her new shoes, putting them on and taking them off.... which she did everytime she saw them througout the days I was there. She is QUITE the shoe hound. Lauren told me she had taken Claire into a Payless store and that she had to leave because Claire was hyperventilating seeing all the shoes!!!! Hilarious, again definitely my granddaughter, he he. I told Scott about it, and he said "Oh nO, oh well at least it was Payless".

I am mailing a box of stuff for the kids this afternoon, including for Claire- three precious pairs of shoes for her to love!!



Claire is looking and acting more and more like Lauren everyday, the wispy blonde hair, the girly stuff, loving books, the sweet affection (note: not the climbing though- Lauren would never do anything where she could fall, get hurt, etc...). So, looks like we have a "mini she and me" on our hands, watch out world!~

4 comments:

Ademide's Cookies, Cakes and Bakes said...

Awww, Claire is soooo cute. I'm glad she is your mini-me! I love the shoes you bought they are adorable. I miss high school homecoming. It has a sense of fun and togetherness that you can't achieve in college. I really cannot believe that a child that young could consume that much ice cream.

Thailand Tracey said...

Love the new format! What a treat it was to be with you this evening, I cherish our times spent visiting, shopping for our girls, and dreaming of days to come. How blessed I am to call you friend.

Ademide's Cookies, Cakes and Bakes said...

In answer to your questions... My roommate and her boyfriend are on the team so that's how I joined. I have to go to the Supreme Court, but I have to ask about the line thing. Here is the definition of an intern "you're cool, but you're not that cool". I still haven't been to the White House. I think I was at Embassy Row. Dupont Circle right? Right now I'm trying to get tickets to the Kennedy Center to see some sort of dance performance, maybe my birthday gift to myself. We'll see!

Lauren said...

Cute new background! I love it and think I almost picked the very same one for myself :)

Claire LOVES shoes and was SO excited to get her new ones the other day. Thank you, Nana!!

We loved having you to visit and can't wait til Halloween to see you again!